Becoming a Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Empty Hand Zen Center! Anyone can become a Member of the Zen Center by offering regular financial support. Membership is not required but is, instead, an expression of generosity. It is up to the individual, and reflects their resonance with this practice and the teachings offered.
1. Fill out a membership pledge form for the current calendar year, providing your contact information, the amount you wish to pledge and the frequency of payment.
As a guide for those who regularly participate in the Zen Center’s activities and would like to become members, we suggest a $90 level of monthly support. For those members who have chosen the Zen path, the suggested level of support is 2% - 3% of income (i.e., approximately one hour’s worth of your weekly income). That said, any level of regular financial support qualifies one for membership. Should circumstances change during the year, your pledged amount can always be revised.
2. Membership is initiated with the first installment of the pledged amount, and is maintained by continuing the pledged contributions paid in advance for the period (for example, pay by the end of March for the 2nd quarter of the year).
- If you place your check in the donation bowl, please always write “membership” on the memo line of your check.
- If you pay by cash, please place it in an envelope with your name and the word “membership” on it. Membership does are tax-deductible donations; fees for classes, one-day sittings and sesshin are not tax-deductible.
- If you need assistance in arranging recurring payments through your bank or third party services, please let us know. We'd be happy to help.
3. Continuing membership must be renewed by completing a new pledge form at the beginning of each calendar year.
Thank you for making this commitment to the well-being of sangha. It enables the Dharma to continue to benefit you, your Dharma friends, and all beings.
Thank you for this gift!
Membership Pledge Card
The Button below takes you to Paypal, where you can pay your membership pledge.